Fun Facts About Polyurethane
Happy Friday, everyone! Here are five fun facts about polyurethane.
- Polyurethane is a tremendously versatile material, capable of enormous variations in chemistry, structure and application. This is why creative minds gravitate towards it when exploring/investigating design solutions.
- More than simply a standalone compound, polyurethane is often utilized to help other materials perform. In other words, polyurethane is a team player!
- Advancements in polyurethane blends brought us spandex fibers.
- Clear polyurethane topcoats enhance and help protect the bright, richly colored basecoats on many top-of-the-line automobiles.
- Polyurethane products have ushered in a whole new era when it comes to how we design and construct buildings. Rigid polyurethane foam, like spray polyurethane foam for example, is one of the world’s most energy efficient and versatile insulation and air sealing products.
Let’s just say that no matter where you look, you are likely to find polyurethanes!